WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Please pay attention to the following:
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
- Valid passport or ID.
- Valid credit card or cash for withholding the security deposit of 450€ (we accept MASTERCARD, VISA, V-PAY and MAESTRO).
- Mobile phone fully charged, as it is essential onboard, and it will have to be always switched on, to communicate in any case.
- No license is required to drive our boats. However, if you feel that you’ll need a skipper, you must inform us before booking to check availability.
- Both alcohol and smoking are strictly forbidden while on board.
- The renter should be at least 21 years old to book with us and speak English or Greek to understand any instructions provided fully.
- Customers should arrive 30 minutes before their booking. Please don’t be late for your booking. In case you are late, you might encounter delays.
- Maximum number of passengers is 5 per boat while the recommended capacity is three adults for the POSEIDON R455 and four adults for the KAREL 480 OPEN.
- Customers have to deliver the vessel at our base in the state that was received. Furthermore, the customer will be liable for any damage caused to the boat by misuse or neglect.
- Early return of the vessel does not entitle the customer to a refund claim. Meanwhile, a late return will be charged extra, as indicated by our available plans.
- The maximum distance of the vessel from the coast should not exceed 2NM.
- Approaching buoys closer than 100 meters is forbidden. In case there aren’t any buoys, then you must maintain a safe distance of 300 meters from shore.
- All passengers must know how to swim.
- Please note that Firiplaka has no docks, so accessing the boat requires basic balance skills, as you may need to walk in the water or on rocks to get on board.
- Renting a boat is not recommended for pregnant women.
- ”Summer Stories Rent a Boat” may at its absolute discretion refuse to hand over a boat or terminate the boat rental period in advance where, in the opinion of ”Summer Stories Rent a Boat”, the driver is likely to cause damage, distress or fails to comply with company rules.
In such an event, ”Summer Stories Rent a Boat” will be under no obligation to refund any money.
- Children count as adults on board.
- Also, the minimum age for a child is three years old to get on board.
- At the moment of booking, you must inform us when children are going to be aboard to provide you with the right size of a life jacket.
- Children (3-14 years old) should wear life jackets when the boat is moving.
In such a case, the renter will have to fully compensate for the required repairs/equipment and the resulting loss of earnings.
Also, the renter will be held responsible for the actions of the other members of his party as well.
This means you can enjoy cruising through the island’s southern coastline with ease.
Occasionally, southern winds appear and unfortunately, in this case, all bookings must be canceled (see “CANCELLATION POLICY” below).
- You can check our plans under our BOOKINGS page while proceeding to checkout.
- Kindly note, fuel is excluded from all plans and is charged separately depending on consumption.
- All prices are subject to change without notice and are not guaranteed, except prices of bookings that have already been accepted by ”Summer Stories Rent a Boat”.
We accept both online and on-site payments.
For online payments, you can pay using PayPal or you can pay using your credit/debit card via our PayPal – Guest checkout form, without the need of PayPal registration.
Please note that our Paypal checkout form will ask you for your email, to send you payment-related emails and check if it is linked to a PayPal account before proceeding to a Guest checkout.
Alternatively, for online payments, you can also pay with your credit/debit card via Stripe.
Similarly, we accept cash and credit/debit cards for on-site payments. Supported credit/debit cards are: MASTERCARD, VISA, V-PAY and MAESTRO.
- Cancellation is required at least 48 hours prior to the time of reservation for receiving a refund (please note that for a refund to take place, you will be charged 6% for transaction purposes).
- Cancellation or no-show on the reservation date will result in the customer being charged a full rental fee.
- In case of bad weather or wind, planned hires may be delayed or canceled. In this case, no Cancellation fees apply.
- In the event that, ”Summer Stories Rent a Boat” chooses to cancel your rental, you will get a full refund.